Westover Hills Resident Service Coordinator (35713)
SUMMARY: The Resident Service Coordinator administers medications to residents and ensures professional, compassionate, and quality care for residents according to established standards and practices relating to restorative, and personal care services; where quality assurance, resident safety, and infection control are inherent responsibilities of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sets up and administers medications as ordered by a physician and under the supervision of the delegating nurse.
* Takes and records at predetermined intervals vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, and blood pressure, measures intake. Collects sputum, urine, and stool, discharge drainage and other specimens as ordered.
* Completes incident reports for any incidents occurred on assigned shift. Supports resident care plan.
* Facilitates and/or participates in resident group activities and resident care conferences.
* Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
* Maintains professional approach to responsibilities (uniform, start times, absenteeism, confidentiality, communication with residents, family members, other staff members and vendors, and daily work responsibilities).
* Supports new resident welcome and assimilation process.
* Monitors residents for changes in condition and reports changes to Director of Healthcare.
* Ensures resident’s medications supply is maintained on a daily basis, i.e. reordering refills and/ or new orders.
* Conducts inventory of all medical/nursing supplies and communicate needs with the Director of Healthcare.
* Maintains and monitors MARs on a regular basis and ensures accuracy.
* Performs periodic cleaning duties, maintains orderliness of the nurse’s station; collects and disposes of contents in trash containers.
* Participates in new resident admissions. Performs other administrative duties such as answering phones and other related duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Experience as a nurse aide or medication aide preferred.
* Experience in memory care preferred. Some supervisory experience or training highly desirable.
* Complete 12 hours of continued education courses annually - provided through community in-services.
* Must be fluent in English and have the ability to read and interpret documents such as resident charts, medication orders, and safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
* Approachability - Is easy to approach and talk to. Spends the extra effort to put others at ease - can be warm, pleasant and gracious; displays sensitivity and patience with the interpersonal anxieties of others, builds rapport well; demonstrates effective listening; is an early knower getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
* Composure - Remains cool under pressure. Does not become cynical, moody, or hostile when times are tough; is considered mature; holds things together during tough times - manages personal stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked - is a settling influence in a crisis.
* Listening - Hears people out. Seeks understanding; practices attentive and active listening; accurately restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; demonstrates empathy; creates a conducive, open environment.
* Patience - Demonstrates tolerance with people and processes. Listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; implements change well; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; keeps composure under stress; follows established process.
* Time Management - Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities.
* Valuing People / Passion to Serve - Treats people fairly with dignity and integrity. Compelled to make the lives of seniors comfortable and more enriching; focuses on meeting residents / families stated or unstated needs and expectations.
* Work Standards - Assumes responsibility for successfully completing assignments. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensures high quality; takes responsibility and encourages others to do the same.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Required to sit, stand and walk regularly, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time