Vice President of Sales & Marketing
SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and oversees all sales programs, training and strategy targeted toward existing and new markets for our Autumn Leaves Memory Care Communities in order to maximize occupancy and maintain an active prospect pipeline through collaboration with operations and healthcare.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and drive strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives.
- Become familiar with all aspects of our specialized business and specific needs and keep current in the industry by attending industry and networking events/organizations
- Create, organize, and update policies, procedures and the budget for the department
- Oversee corporate sales efforts through national, regional and community based sales personnel
- Serve as leader to focus on the goal of meeting/exceeding budgeted occupancies for the properties.
- Foster positive, cohesive working relationship between sales, marketing, operations and healthcare.
- Participate in relationships with other outside vendors (design, writing, websites, printed materials, etc.) in conjunction with the marketing team
- Train appropriate sales personnel on effective sales techniques to ensure the sales model is implemented successfully at the communities
- Help hire, train, coach and develop direct and indirect employees
- Direct sales management by establishing sales goals and budgets.
- Direct the development of the pricing strategy in conjunction with operations management to achieve occupancy objectives
- Oversee the monitoring of competitors
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Manage sales reporting to keep executive team informed of trends
- Present new ideas to management which may lead to better retention or close ratios
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team
- Assist with maintaining relationships with current/potential investors
- Prepare and participate in diversification discussions and implementation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited university; or equivalent experience; and 10 years’ experience in Senior Living sales leadership and management.
- Service and care sales focus a plus
- Extensive knowledge of sales, pricing, and closing processes and techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret sales trends; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Communication / Interpersonal/Professional Appearance - Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally for mutual understanding and rapport.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations; monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’ strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Compassion / Empathy - Ability to identify with and understand others feelings or difficulties, showing a desire to help them
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand and walk regularly, occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
- This position requires up to 40% travel
Job Status: Full Time