Venice LPN FT 2nd Shift - 2-10PM
SUMMARY: Provides nursing care for assigned residents according to established standards and practices relating to basic nursing, restorative, and personal care services; where quality assurance, resident safety, and infection control are inherent responsibilities of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates resident health problems, situations, changes and incidents to nursing leadership and the residents’ responsible party as directed.
- Ensures that staff observes residents for significant changes, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, bleeding and any post operative changes and communicable diseases.
- Ensures that resident’s needs are met or fulfilled.
- Prepares, administers and charts the administration of prescribed medications; documents effectiveness and adverse reactions.
- Processes daily physician orders.
- Reviews all MARs on a daily basis.
- Ensures residents medication supply is maintained on a daily basis, i.e. re-ordering refills and/or new orders.
- Ensures and performs personal comfort activities such as giving bed bath or shower or assisting with bath or shower. Observes skin and pressure areas; assists with personal hygiene services such as oral hygiene, hair care, nail care, shaving, dentures, eye wear and makeup, etc.
- Prepares for and participates in care conferences.
- Prepares and monitors residents for meals, and between-meal nourishments; assists in positioning; sets up table; personally feeds residents if necessary.
- Responds to nurse call and paging systems; monitors residents to ensure the resident remains clean, dry and comfortable by changing clothes, gowns, linens, dressing as necessary; provides clean water and refreshments, assists in keeping the room clean and neat by straightening and replenishing person supplies.
- Ensures that bedfast residents are repositioned at predetermined intervals; assists with skin care and treatments as assigned; assists and positions residents into and out wheelchair, bed, stretcher, and stationary chair using proper body mechanics and staff assistance according to written procedures and ambulates residents.
- Monitors resident safety on a continuing basis, seeks assistance in emergencies, assists family members in times of stress or crisis, perform established notification procedures during emergency situation.
- Takes and records at predetermined intervals vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respiration weight and blood pressure, measures intake. Collects sputum, urine, and stool, discharge drainage and other specimens as ordered.
- Performs periodic cleaning duties, maintains orderliness of the nurse’s station; collects and disposes of contents in trash containers.
- Works cooperatively with members of the care team, maintains effective interdepartmental and interpersonal relations residents, staff and visitors, avoid unnecessary noise.
- Completes incident reports report before the end of the shift and takes appropriate action.
- Performs other administrative duties such as answering phones and other related duties.
- Participates in all new resident admissions.
- Sets priorities in implementing resident care.
- Assists nursing leadership to ensure shift runs well in supervisor’s absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion of a Professional Nursing Program, approved by the state of which you are employed, and licensed to practice as a licensed or registered nurse.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours when necessary to meet the needs of our residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, and interaction with residents’ families and families experiencing loss.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Assisted living, Alzheimer’s, case manager, dementia, floor nurse, full-time, FT, healthcare, health care, homecare, home care, home health, hospice, licensed practical nurse, LPN, L.P.N., licensed vocational nurse, LVN, L.V.N., memory care, nurse, part-time, PT, registered nurse, RN, R.N., medical, medication, nursing, 1st shift, first, 2nd shift, second, 3rd shift, third
Job Status: Full Time