The Whitley at Wheeling - Executive Director
The LaSalle Group, Inc., a national leader in residential memory care is seeking an Executive Director for The Whitley of Wheeling. This new community will be The LaSalle Group's first location designed for both assisted living and memory care residents. The 90,000-square-foot community will provide specialized care to 34 memory care residents and 68 assisted living residents.
SUMMARY: Directs the administration of assigned assisted living community within authority of state regulations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, coordinates and evaluates activities of life enrichment program planning and implementation, culinary operations, interior and exterior integrity of the building, marketing efforts, and nursing and health care services.
- Responsible for the overall safety of residents and the facility.
- Works in collaboration with all disciplinary team members to coordinate every aspect of resident care.
- Addresses all issues and/or concerns of resident’s family members and ensures prompt resolutions for overall family satisfaction. Visits residents to ensure their needs are met.
- Maintains high staff morale and fosters a supportive work environment.
- Maintains accurate resident charts and state required documentation and is prepared for state survey and health inspections at all times.
- Ensures Plan of Correction is properly completed, corrected, and returned in a timely manner and within identified timeframe.
- Completes all incident report investigations and report’s findings according to state regulations and company policies.
- Monitors and communicates landscaping, property maintenance, capital improvement, and kitchen needs on an on-going basis.
- Coordinates complete move-in process for all new residents.
- Attends networking events and provides facility tours to support community and brand marketing.
- Develops, monitors, and participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) call rotation.
- Maintains continued education requirements for all staff (including self), as required by professional licensures and state regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL & BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs hiring, scheduling, and training of personnel and ensures managers are familiar with and adhere to state regulatory standards; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED; and minimum four (4) years’ experience working in a personal care, health or aging related setting; and Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory position; or Associates degree from an accredited college or university; and two (2) years’ experience in a personal care health or aging related setting; including one (1) year in a leadership or supervisory position; or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus one (1) year experience in a health or aging related setting ; or a state specific training for an assisted living facility administrator where the curriculum addresses in detail the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a nursing home of an assisted living facility.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to meet the needs of our residents.
- Building Effective Teams - Builds a cohesive and collaborative team that accomplishes goals. Creates strong morale and spirit in the team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people be responsible for their work, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging to the team.
- Constructive Conflict - Manages conflict as it arises. Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Developing Others - Facilitates the development of others. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; remains aware of each direct report’s career goals; assists in the creation of impactful development plans; motivates direct reports to embrace developmental opportunities; removes barriers to development; brings out the best in people.
- Functional & Business Skills - Possesses knowledge to do the job. Has achieved a satisfactory level of business, technical, and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; organizes and shares knowledge/information freely and encourages others to do the same.
- Hiring and Staffing - Hires the best people available from inside or outside. Uses a consistent and valid selection process that involves the appropriate people; assesses competencies and fit (job and organization); demonstrates an accurate assessment of talent; is not afraid of selecting strong people.
- Inspiring the Culture & Values - Leads by promoting the organization culture and exhibiting the values. Demonstrates vulnerability; admits mistakes; models professional development and growth; motivates others by helping them make choices that are consistent with the values; channels own needs away from self and into the greater good of the company; displays a blend of personal humility and professional will.
- Leadership Modeling - Models accountability with self and others. Leads by example; works to create an environment where accountability is embraced and practiced; rewards others for their courage; matches the behavior between what the leader demands of their employees and what the leader demands of self; enacts the meaning of the organization in every decision made and actions taken.
- People Management - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives. Sets performance goals and expectations; tracks and evaluates performance; creates a learning environment; collaboratively establishes development plans; manages all people equitably; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
Job Status: Full Time