SW Oklahoma City Medication Nurse FT 1st shift
SUMMARY: The Medication Nurse administers medications to residents and ensures professional, compassionate and quality care for all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and administers medications as ordered by a physician and under the supervision of the delegating nurse.
- Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Supports resident care plan.
- Facilitates and/or participates in resident group activities and resident care conferences.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Maintains professional approach to responsibilities (uniform, start times, absenteeism, confidentiality, communication with residents, family members, other staff members and vendors, and daily work responsibilities).
- Supports new resident welcome and assimilation process.
- Monitors residents for changes in condition and reports changes to delegating nurse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion of a Professional Nursing Program, approved by the state of which you are employed, and licensed to practice as a licensed nurse.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- High level of interpersonal and problem solving skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, and interaction with residents’ families and families experiencing loss.
- This position requires occasional local travel.
- Ethics - Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected; Monitors and evaluates results.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time