Sugarloaf Life Engagement Specialist
The Life Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating an atmosphere for residents, family, staff, and visitors that is welcoming, stimulating, nurturing, and engaging through activity, entertainment, and person-centered programs in accordance with the overall Autumn Leaves philosophy of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements programs in accordance with the Autumn Leaves Six Elements of Engagement.
- Participates in creating the monthly community newsletter.
- Assists in coordinating seasonal and annual community events.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Supports the Life Engagement Manager and all life engagement programming.
- Participates in Activity Assessment for new residents.
- Assists organization of community volunteer program.
- Occasionally participates in resident care conferences when needed.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
There are no managerial or budgetary responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be informed and have knowledge of the disease process, the changes that occur and how that affects an individuals ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that will maintain a residents abilities.
- Weekends are required.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, and enjoy working with residents and residents families.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policies and employee manuals; Ability to speak effectively before groups; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- High level of interpersonal skills, initiative, leadership, and be a team.
- This position requires some local travel.
- Teamwork Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependabilty Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time