Stockbridge Caregiver PT 3rd Shift
SUMMARY: The Lead Caregiver is responsible for providing leadership and support to the Caregivers and ensures professional, compassionate, and quality care for all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the resident care plan.
- Provides for the residents’ physical care including lifting, bathing, performing hygiene tasks, toileting, assisting with meals, and other tasks.
- Provides assistance with medications and completes documentation as required by policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s).
- Changes bed linens, washes and irons resident’s laundry, and assists to maintain tidiness of residents’ bedrooms, closets, and dresser drawers.
- Facilitates and/or participates in resident group activities and resident care conferences.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Assists Housekeeper with resident room, bathroom, and common area cleanliness, overall facility, and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Leads and supports new resident welcome and assimilation process.
- Promptly responds to all resident care needs.
- Trains and mentors newly hired and less tenured staff.
- Provides leadership and guidance for shift team.
- Develops weekly staff schedules, manages call-ins, schedules replacement care staff and/or provides coverage when necessary, as to ensure adequate staff to resident ratios.
- Monitors residents for changes in condition and reports changes to nursing leadership.
- Completes all incident reports for any incidents occurred on assigned shift.
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Facilitates and supports the overall operations and functioning of assigned shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position provides leadership to care staff on assigned shift.
- This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing.
- Complete 12 hours of continued education courses annually.
- Must be fluent in English and have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Develops and maintains positive relationships with residents, co-workers, families, and other agencies; Interacts with residents with dignity and respect; Maintains confidentiality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Professionalism - Maintains a professional approach to responsibilities (arrive to work prepared in uniform, on time, availability, etc.); Approaches others in a tactful manner; Communicates professionally with staff members, residents, resident families, and vendors; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit and maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, stoop, bend, lift, and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Part Time