Regional Director of Operations - Southeast
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for the Autumn Leaves communities within their region to establish the high level of quality of care based on established nursing standards and resident rights while supporting and assisting in the implementation of facility policy and state regulations. This individual will hire, train and manage the management team of the regional communities to maximize the effectiveness of resident care, operate within a budget, and uphold resident and family satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must ensure that each community Executive Director is prepared for successful state inspections.
- Responsible for census and competitive analysis reports for the region.
- Provide training, support and guidance for community Executive Directors and overall community operating needs.
- Implement company policies and procedures and ensures that communities comply with all state regulations.
- Attends meetings as required; works cooperatively with members of the management and care team, maintains effective interdepartmental an interpersonal relations with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Reviews incident reports and follow up notes regularly to ensure state reportable incidents are being reported, proper procedure is being followed and documented.
- Must be available to staff 24 hours to provide support to community staff and answer questions regarding residents, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum three (3) years management experience with at least 1 year of experience with geriatrics, memory care in assisted living community.
- Bachelors Degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of professional basic nursing, restoratives and personal care services, general knowledge of resident mental health and social needs and residents rights
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, and interaction with coworkers and management.
- Proficient working knowledge of knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on company auto insurance policy).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, flexible hours.
- Ability to travel within the assigned region.
- Ethics Works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Leadership Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
- Teamwork and Collaboration Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Change Management Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected; Monitors and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals and profitability.
- Strategic Thinking Develops strategies to achieve goals; Understands organizations strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time