Receptionist - Part Time
SUMMARY: Receives and welcomes visitors and assists with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supplies information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers. This is a PART TIME position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handles general operations of the office.
* Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screens and forwards calls. Provides information, takes messages and schedules appointments.
* Greets persons entering establishment, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
* Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies. Orders general office and kitchen supplies for the office and properly codes invoices for those products.
* Maintains lobby or reception area and assists in maintaining employee break room, training rooms, and boardroom.
* Collects and prepares mail, messages and courier deliveries. Tracks and keeps records of FedEx and Lone Star shipping.
* Maintains the general filing system and files all correspondence.
* Processes and prepares memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents. Transmits information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, email or facsimile machine.
* Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
* Keeps a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
* Assists in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls.
* Provides administrative assistance to other departments when needed.
* Handles requests for name badges for onsite community staff, including the making of the badges and shipments.
* Assists with Home Office event planning and culture activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma.
* 2 - 3 years’ office experience.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent telephone, communication, and listening skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Outlook.
* Must be detail-oriented and have ability to multi-task.
* Must be punctual, dependable, and be willing to be flexible with the schedule when needed.
* Action Oriented - Proactively takes actions and engages in new challenges. Drives hard to get things done; full of energy for things that are challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness during change. Adjusts effectively to work within a new work structure, processes, requirements or cultures - tries to understand change; approaches change or newness positively.
* Constructive Conflict - Manages conflict as it arises. Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
* Creativity - Comes up with new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; seen as original and effective in brainstorming settings.
* Customer Focus - Meets the expectations of internal/external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relations with customers; gains customers’ trust and respect; talks and acts with customers in mind - gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
* Informing - Provides information people need to know to do their jobs. Provides direct feedback and timely information to individuals (managers, customers, peers) so that they can make accurate decisions.
* Organizing - Orchestrates multiple activities to accomplish goals. Can Marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
* Priority Setting - Spends time on what is important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
* Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions. Uses logic and methods; asks goods questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; sees underlying or hidden problems and patterns; demonstrates honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
* Quality of Work - Follows established processes to produce quality work. Produces work that meets standards, is error free, and results in minimal waste and re-work; accomplishes task by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job.
* Teamwork - Works effectively in a team environment. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Job Status: Full Time