Meyerland Housekeeper PT 1st Shift (30463)
SUMMARY: The Housekeeper is responsible for performs any combination of cleaning duties to provide a clean living environment for all residents by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans common areas, resident rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the community including cleaning upholstered furniture, rugs, carpets, fixtures, draperies, furniture, equipment and other items using vacuum cleaners, shampooers, extractors, and dusters. Also replaces drapes and soiled linens.
- Empties wastebaskets, and transports other waste to disposal areas.
- Washes walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors using brooms, mops, powered scrubbers and waxing machines.
- Keeps utility and storage rooms well-stocked, clean and in an orderly condition.
- Distributes and replenishes supplies such as laundered articles, linens, and bathroom items.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Cleans wash basins, commodes, bathtubs, showers, and mirrors on a daily basis.
- Inspects all vacant rooms daily to ensure cleanliness and freshness.
- Washes resident beds, mattresses, launder and replace linens, and remake beds.
- Reports any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (leaky faucets, toilets, loose tiles, broken window panes, needed bed repairs, missing nuts and screws, etc.).
- Practices safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete 12 hours of continued education courses annually.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Interpersonal - Must enjoy working with residents and residents families; Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues.
- Professionalism - Maintains a professional approach to responsibilities and interactions with staff members, residents, and residents families; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability - Arrives to work prepared (in uniform, on-time, available on-call, etc.); Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, bend, stoop, and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Part Time