Memorial City Executive Director
SUMMARY: As the Executive Director for a specific Autumn Leaves community, lead, direct and manage all business operations and department managers in accordance with the needs of all residents, family members and employees, all applicable state and federal regulations, and all established financial requirements policies, procedures protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and support to all assigned Community management personnel as necessary to enable acceptable and consistent levels of job performance by such personnel. Utilize industry expertise, company knowledge and approved external resources to provide guidance, insight and direction for all required community operational, regulatory and financial obligations.
- Through Community subordinates, reinforce their responsibility for community cleanliness and grounds maintenance, while ensuring the on-going safety of residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Implement all newly created and/or revised company Policies, Procedures and Guidelines on an Area and Community basis. Ensure that all such policies, procedures and guidelines are being practiced uniformly and consistently by all Area and Community personnel. Ensure that each assigned community Executive Director is prepared for successful state inspections.
- Through the appropriate Community management personnel, monitor all community operating disciplines, P&P interpretations, performance evaluations, and employee coaching, mentoring and counseling activities as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve resident and family member concerns and complaints in accordance with established TLG/AL standards and/or any future guideline for handling resident/family complaints as developed by the Company.
- Reinforce and verify Area and Community compliance with all Home Office requests, employment laws, and human resources and emergency preparedness guidelines.
- Promote interaction between Home Office support personnel and Community management team members to foster a cohesive teamwork philosophy.
- Coach and counsel all direct report personnel through verbal and written instruments as required to discharge the responsibilities and duties set forth herein.
- Assist the Home Office budget team members in compiling community and corporate budgets data, improving variance reporting methods, enhancing financial accountability procedures, identifying purchasing and capital expenditure projects, and complying with all other financial management practices, as required to achieve the financial goals set forth by the Company.
- Assign Community specific financial and operational goals to all Community Management personnel annually. Measure progress and/or goal achievement at year-end in conjunction with written performance review.
- Utilize monthly financial statements, Community Variance Report, and Budget to Actual data to stay current with all community performance versus budget metrics.
- Review all monthly community financial results with Executive Directors and Community Department Managers under supervision and assist in preparation of monthly financial variance reports.
Sales & Marketing
In coordination with the Director of Sales, Regional Director of Operations ("RDO"), Regional Director of Sales & Marketing ("RDSM"), Executive Directors (EDs) and/or Directors of Sales & Marketing ("DSM"), assist in the development of and provide oversight on Area and Community sales/marketing plans.Maintain current knowledge of key market trends and area/community competition.
- Establish and promote a working environment that exhibits a positive sales culture and approach by all regional, area and community personnel.
- Review competitors’ rates and associated charges along with specific market area conditions and local consumer expectations to determine room rate pricing.
- Conduct community inspections to gauge marketability, curb appeal, and physical plant conditions. Communicate capital expenditure needs on an annualized and as needed basis.
Access and monitor Yardi system to ensure Community compliance for Company-set productivity goals and standards.
Conduct routine inspections of resident services provided at the community to order to ensure compliance with TLG/AL standards.Provide ongoing support and guidance to Community management personnel in the implementation of corrective procedures required regain the appropriate level of resident service standards.
Attend Community Events and family member meetings as needed for all communities under supervision in order to foster closer relationships with residents and their families.Follow up to ensure items of concern are addressed in a timely manner.
- Review Incident/Accident Reports to verify accuracy of information and communicate liability exposure to supervisor, if warranted. Ensure adequate documentation back- up and implementation of Risk Management tools, as appropriate.
- Inspect Resident Care operations reports, program reviews, Med Room Audits, Med Pass Evaluations, and clinical assignment sheets as needed for regulatory and programmatic adherence. Follow up with Executive Directors and Community Managers on noted deficiencies to ensure that internal and external plans of correction have been enforced.
- Review regulatory updates and mailings to ensure proactive response to industry focal points, and communication to site level on interpretations, etc.
Must be available to staff 24 hours to provide support to community staff and answer questions regarding residents, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees in anchor community and Executive Directors in assigned area; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints, and resolve problems.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Operations or company designee.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in management in senior living; assisted living/memory care experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent; college, vocational or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must possess verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with Home Office staff, community personnel, residents, family members, licensing officials, and the general public.
Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
General knowledge of professional basic nursing, restoratives and personal care services, general knowledge of resident mental health and social needs and residents rights
Ability to work evenings, weekends, flexible hours.
Ability to travel within the assigned area.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on company auto insurance policy).
- Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals and profitability.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changes..
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to sit, stand and walk regularly, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
Job Status: Full Time