Lee's Summit Life Engagement Specialist- PT - Weekends
The Life Engagement Manager provides daily group and individual activities incorporating laughter, song, music, interaction, and cognitive stimulation with a personalized, warm approach. To create an atmosphere for residents, family, staff, and visitors that is welcoming, stimulating, nurturing, and engaging, through activity, entertainment, and person-centered programs in accordance with the overall Autumn Leaves philosophy of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements programs in accordance with the Autumn Leaves Six Elements of Engagement to provide cognitive, physical, and social stimulation to residents.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Designs monthly activity calendars, and creates community Monthly Newsletter.
- Provides Activities Assessment on all new residents.
- Maintains quarterly activity documentation for all residents.
- Coordinates community Volunteer and Resident Ambassador Programs within the community.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Organizes seasonal and annual community events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position participates in the Manager-On-Duty (MOD) rotation schedule.Responsibilities include overseeing operations of the entire community during the assigned MOD rotation, addressing complaints, and resolving problems in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Budgetary responsibilities include managing monthly petty cash amounts and working within approved budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university; and one (1) year experience as an Activity Director; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State Certification preferred but not required for candidates willing to participate in Company paid state certification training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on Company auto insurance policy).
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Ethics - Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Part Time