Lee's Summit Lead Cook
SUMMARY: The Lead Cook is responsible for coordinating, preparing, and cooking daily meals for dementia residents within assisted living community, while meeting federal and state health department standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with residents’ medical team, dietary card, and nursing staff to ensure that meals conform to residents’ diet restrictions and nutritional requirements as prescribed by physician.
- Adheres to all food sanitation and infection control procedures of proper food storage, handling, preparation, and service; equipment and department sanitation; and dietary regulatory guidelines for Alzheimer’s assisted living communities, as required by federal and state health department standards and codes.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares high-quality, nutritious meals with excellent food presentation according to recipes and/or menu.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking; carves meats; and serves sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Portions cooked foods, or gives instructions to kitchen staff as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Assists with common area cleanliness, washing dishes, mopping floors and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Provides work direction to kitchen staff under the supervision of the Culinary Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and two to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of special diets and food preparation for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Must hold a valid Food Handler’s Permit.
- Minimum one year batch cooking experience utilizing commercial kitchen equipment. Experience preparing special diets for Alzheimer’s residents strongly desired.
- Available to work weekend coverage and on-call as needed.
- Ethics - works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; results-oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; communicates effectively.
- Quality Management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Cost Consciousness - works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly; occasionally sit; lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
Job Status: Full Time