Health and Wellness Specialist - RN, LVN or LPN
RN, LVN or LPN - The Health and Wellness Specialist - will provide regional clinical support to our communities in order to refine, standardize and enhance our ability to provide outstanding resident care at all of our communities.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Filling in temporarily - for as long as needed - in the absence of a Director of Healthcare.
- Supporting nurse delegation or nurse oversight when other options are not available.
- Assisting Regional Directors in the implementation and maintenance of nursing policies and procedures in order to increase consistency across the company when possible.
- Receiving and reviewing all resident issues and/or incident reports.
- Conducting analysis to identify common themes, issues or trends.
- Reporting to regional management at monthly conference calls any best practice suggestions or training that will assist to reduce frequency and severity.
- Planning and leading monthly training conference call for nursing department supervisors.
- Provide assistance and oversight on the preparation and response to state surveys and related resident care or nursing deficiencies.
- Working with community resident services staff to ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements.
- Work with Regional Management and Human Resources to identify ways to reduce care or medication-related liability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have an unencumbered RN, LVN or LPN license with 5+ years Regional Nurse and/or Travel Nurse experience.
Must have multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact or ability to acquire such licenses.
Experience in Memory Care preferred.
High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation and interaction with residents' families and families experiencing loss.
Ability to travel nationwide with limited notice.
Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
Knowledge of state specific regulatory guidelines.
Experience at handling state compliance issues and developing plans to address deficiencies.
Experience in staff development and risk management.
Ethics - Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Communicates effectively.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected; Monitors and evaluates results.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals and profitability.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changes.
Job Status: Full Time