Georgia Sales Specialist
The Sales Specialist (SS) is assigned to support communities and/or Directors of Sales and Marketing with census challenges by developing marketing plans, managing the lead database, and advancing leads through the sales process, providing sales analysis and training support. The SS is responsible for assisting communities in reaching & maintaining budgeted occupancy and revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Assessment of sales lead database, marketing plan, community product and services, reputation and family satisfaction of assigned community.
Development of a sales strategy to improve sales performance in assigned communities.
Supports training and recruitment of DSMs for assigned communities.
Develops and executes comprehensive sales and marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the company.
Manages all internal and external sales efforts.
Ensures effective control of sales and marketing budgets, and takes corrective action to guarantee sales and marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts sales and marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
Fields inquiry calls, schedules and conducts community tours, closes sales, and generates move-in to the community.
Oversees development and maintenance of customer database (Yardi).
Prepares and submits sales and marketing activity reports.
Organizes entire move-in process; coordinates with all departments, completes resident move-in paperwork, and guides families through the move-in process.
Oversees make-ready for available apartments and assists in monitoring and maintaining the community’s appearance.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position participates in the Manager-On-Duty (MOD) rotation schedule in communities they are assigned or where the DSM position is vacant.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in developing marketing strategies, meeting quota driven sales goals and effectively managing the sales process preferably occupancy budgetsan assisted living and/or memory care environment.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on company auto insurance policy).
This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Ethics - Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals and profitability.
- Negotiation Skills - Strategizes and drives issue-oriented compromises and trade-offs to others, as necessary, in exchange for cooperation.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to sit, stand and walk regularly, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Full Time