Fort Mill Housekeeper PT (Laundry Attendant)
SUMMARY: The Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant is responsible for performing any combination of cleaning duties to provide a clean living environment for all residents. This position is primarily responsible for laundering resident linens and personal clothing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all laundry duties including:
- washing, drying, and ironing resident laundry and community linens and textiles in provided appliances
- folding and/or hanging laundry appropriately
- distributing laundered articles and linens
- replacing and hanging draperies
- changing beds
- mopping laundry room floor and washing walls regularly
- washing windows around the community as requested
- Ensures resident’s laundry is kept separated and is not mixed with other residents.
- Keeps laundry area maintained in a safe, clean and good working condition.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Stocks laundry and cleaning cart with supplies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete 12 hours of continued education courses annually.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Interpersonal - Must enjoy working with residents and residents families; Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues.
- Professionalism - Maintains a professional approach to responsibilities and interactions with staff members, residents, and residents families; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability - Arrives to work prepared (in uniform, on-time, available on-call, etc.); Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, bend, stoop, and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Status: Part Time