Cypresswood Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. Anticipates, identifies, and corrects all maintenance issues involving the property. Repairs physical structure and grounds and ensures a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors, and staff by implementing procedures for preventative maintenance and repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, concrete, and furnishings of buildings.
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Replaces worn or damages parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts in machines and equipment such as HVAC system, fountain, irrigation, vacuum and carpet cleaners, lighting systems, exhaust, fire, and security systems.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Cleans internal areas of property including, buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waste pick up and removal, and washing windows.
- Manages streamlined process for handling resident service requests and responds/corrects requests within 24 hours when possible.
- Maintains current MSDS sheets and thorough knowledge of current laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage, and management of hazardous materials (including solvents, flammables, caustics, and refrigerants).
- Ensures current and accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, expenditures, resident room make-ready, work-in-progress, etc.
- Accompanies all vendors and Regional Maintenance Director during visits and inspections.
- Adheres to all safety, infection control, building, and life safety guidelines and state regulations for Alzheimer’s assisted living residences; and is prepared for state life safety surveys at all times.
- Timely reporting of all damages and safety concerns to Community Director.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the supervision of staff. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include working within approved budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Minimum one (1) year training and experience in a commensurate role and demonstrated ability to successfully perform duties and responsibilities as described.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass pre-employment Knowledge and Skills Assessment (KSA).
- Basic knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, commercial appliance repair, electrical wiring, Multi-meter use, standard practices and a variety of hand and power tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities, and safety practices and procedures related to the building trades.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations and review and identify projects needed to be services by outside contractors.
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics - Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.