Area/Executive Director - Atlanta
SUMMARY: Provides operational oversight and training for all assigned area Autumn Leaves communities, Area/Executive Directors and community management personnel as required to achieve all resident care and financial objectives set forth under the company mission statement, core values and community operating budgets.
As the Area/Executive Director for a specific Autumn Leaves community, leads, directs and manages all business operations and department managers in accordance with the needs of all residents, family members and employees, all applicable state and federal regulations, and all established financial requirements policies, procedures protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts Community visits necessary to effectively manage all communities and personnel under supervision or requested by the Regional Director of Operations.
- Promotes interaction between Home Office support personnel and Community management team members to foster a cohesive teamwork philosophy.
- Reinforces and verifies Area and Community compliance with all Home Office requests, employment laws, and human resources and emergency preparedness guidelines.
- Investigates and resolves resident and family member concerns and complaints in accordance with Company standards and guidelines.
- Monitors all community operating disciplines, Policy and Procedure interpretations, performance evaluations, employee coaching, mentoring and counseling activities as necessary.
- Implements all newly created and/or revised company policies, procedures and guidelines on an area and community basis, ensuring they are being practiced uniformly and consistently by all area and community personnel. Ensures that each assigned community executive director is prepared for successful state inspections.
- Reinforces responsibility for community cleanliness and grounds maintenance, while ensuring the on-going safety of residents, visitors and staff regarding infection control, fire, and safety policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and support to all assigned Community management personnel as necessary to enable acceptable and consistent levels of job performance. Utilizes industry expertise, company knowledge and approved external resources to provide guidance, insight and direction for all required community operational, regulatory and financial obligations.
- Assigns Community specific financial and operational goals to all Community Management personnel annually. Measures progress and/or goal achievement at year-end in conjunction with written performance reviews.
- Assists the Home Office budget team members in compiling community and corporate budget data, improving variance reporting methods, enhancing financial accountability procedures, identifying purchasing and capital expenditure projects, and complying with all other financial management practices, as required to achieve the financial goals.
- Assumes and maintains Profit & Loss accountability for all communities and cost centers under management, including, but not limited to, payroll, labor and raw food costs, A/R, A/P, and all controllable revenue and expense categories.
- Reviews and utilizes monthly financial statements, community variance report, and budget to actual data to stay current with all community performance versus budget metrics.
Sales & Marketing
- Accesses and monitors the Yardi system to ensure Community compliance for Company-set productivity goals and standards.
- Conducts community inspections to gauge marketability, curb appeal, and physical plant conditions. Communicate capital expenditure needs on an annualized and as needed basis.
- Reviews competitors’ rates and associated charges along with specific market area conditions and local consumer expectations to determine room rate pricing.
- Establishes and promotes a working environment that exhibits a positive sales culture and approach by all regional, area and community personnel.
- In coordination with the Director of Sales, Regional Director of Operations ("RDO"), Regional Director of Sales & Marketing ("RDSM"), Executive Directors (EDs) and/or Directors of Sales & Marketing ("DSM"), assists in the development of and provides oversight on Area and Community sales/marketing plans. Maintains current knowledge of key market trends and area/community competition.
- Reviews regulatory updates and mailings to ensure proactive response to industry focal points, and communication to site level on interpretations, etc.
- Inspects Resident Care operations reports, program reviews, Med Room Audits, Med Pass Evaluations, and clinical assignment sheets as needed for regulatory and programmatic adherence. Follows up with Executive Directors and Community Managers on noted deficiencies to ensure that internal and external plans of correction have been enforced.
- Reviews Incident/Accident Reports to verify accuracy of information and communicate liability exposure to supervisor, if warranted. Ensures adequate documentation back- up and implementation of Risk Management tools, as appropriate.
- Attends community events and family member meetings as needed for all supervised communities in order to foster closer relationships with residents and their families. Follows up to ensure items of concern are addressed in a timely manner.
- Conducts routine inspections of resident services provided at the community to order to ensure compliance with TLG/AL standards. Provides ongoing support and guidance to Community management personnel in the implementation of corrective procedures required regain the appropriate level of resident service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to staff 24 hours to provide support to community staff and answer questions regarding residents, policies, and procedures.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees in anchor community and Executive Directors in assigned area; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints, and resolve problems.
- Provides verbal and written coaching and counseling to direct report personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College, vocational or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in management in senior living; assisted living/memory care experience preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with Home Office staff, community personnel, residents, family members, licensing officials, and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- General knowledge of professional basic nursing, restoratives and personal care services, general knowledge of resident mental health and social needs and resident’s rights
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, flexible hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on company auto insurance policy).
- Building Effective Teams - Builds a cohesive and collaborative team that accomplishes goals. Creates strong morale and spirit in the team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people be responsible for their work, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging to the team.
- Constructive Conflict - Manages conflict as it arises. Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Developing Others - Facilitates the development of others. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; remains aware of each direct report’s career goals; assists in the creation of impactful development plans; motivates direct reports to embrace developmental opportunities; removes barriers to development; brings out the best in people.
- Functional & Business Skills - Possesses knowledge to do the job. Has achieved a satisfactory level of business, technical, and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; organizes and shares knowledge/information freely and encourages others to do the same.
- Hiring and Staffing - Hires the best people available from inside or outside. Uses a consistent and valid selection process that involves the appropriate people; assesses competencies and fit (job and organization); demonstrates an accurate assessment of talent; is not afraid of selecting strong people.
- Inspiring the Culture & Values - Leads by promoting the organization culture and exhibiting the values. Demonstrates vulnerability; admits mistakes; models professional development and growth; motivates others by helping them make choices that are consistent with the values; channels own needs away from self and into the greater good of the company; displays a blend of personal humility and professional will.
- Leadership Modeling - Models accountability with self and others. Leads by example; works to create an environment where accountability is embraced and practiced; rewards others for their courage; matches the behavior between what the leader demands of their employees and what the leader demands of self; enacts the meaning of the organization in every decision made and actions taken.
- People Management - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives. Sets performance goals and expectations; tracks and evaluates performance; creates a learning environment; collaboratively establishes development plans; manages all people equitably; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel within the assigned area.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Job Status: Full Time