Administrative Assistant -Accounting
SUMMARY: The Accounting Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Accounting department by way of reports, accounting, policies and procedures and completes projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and maintains file system, scans invoices/documents/resident checks for electronic storage, and files correspondence and other records.
- Receives/stamp invoices and forward to Accounts Payable to process, prepares check requests, and maintains timely payment of vendors. Periodically checks Accounts Payable email folder/fax folder and processes those documents to correct person.
- Prepares training and reporting materials for specific department needs.
- Processes department requests including requests for: supplies and other requests and/or needs.
- Updates and maintains policies, procedures and ensures documents are accessible and current on the company intranet.
- Supports staff in with project-based work and provides support to departmental staff, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and problems solve with minimal assistance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, exceptional time management skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Ethics - Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Job Status: Full Time